Kickoff Dinner attendees are eligible for 0.5 PDH!
Please register by close of business Thursday, September 8, 2011.
Please join us at LeMont Restaurant
on Wednesday, September 14, 2011
, for the Fall Kickoff Dinner and stunning panorama of downtown Pittsburgh with keynote speaker Andrew Herrmann
, 2012 National President of ASCE and Principal of Hardesty & Hanover, Consulting Engineers. He will speak on ASCE's new report "Failure to Act - The Economic Impact of Current Investment Trends in Surface Transportation Infrastructure." This economic study shows the financial impact on families and businesses if the current transportation infrastructure trends continue.
The Pittsburgh Section's 2011 Life Members will be honored for their contributions, the local ASCE Student Chapters will present on their upcoming and ongoing initiatives, and there will be door and raffle prizes.
2011 Life Members:
Edward Bellock, P.E., L.S.
Lawrence Busack, P.E., L.S.
John Diviney, P.E.
Richard Fox, P.E.
R. Gary Garvin, P.E.
Daniel Greico, Jr., P.E.
John Geibel, P.E.
|David Hartner, P.E., L.S.
James Hilts, P.E.
Arthur Kuholski, P.E., L.S.
Jack Murray, P.E.
Barry Newman, P.E.
N. Eugene Slevinski
Francis Vespaziani, P.E.
5:30 p.m. - Social HourDinner Selections:
6:30 p.m. - Keynote Speaker
7:00 p.m. - Dinner
8:00 p.m. - Featured Presentations
- Chicken Bruschetta – Lightly pounded free range breast of chicken sautéed to perfection, topped with fresh arugula, vine ripened tomato, olives, roasted garlic and basil finished with balsamic aseto
- Swordfish – Almond encrusted with hazelnut buerre blanc
- Filet Mignon - Center-cut tenderloin, char-grilled and served with a mushroom and sauce béarnaise
- Vegetarian Terrine – Layered seasonal roasted and grilled vegetables and with soy kass and rich balsamic reduction
- Please register by September 8, 2011. Significant others and guests are welcome and encouraged to attend!
- Registration: Member - $60; Non-Member - $75; Student - $25.
- Valet parking ($6), surface pay lot, and street parking are available.
- Dress code is business casual.
- Raffle tickets will be available at the door ($10 for 5 tickets and $20 for 15 tickets), you don't want to miss this event!
- Your firm or organization may want to share the spotlight with a $250 sponsorship for the cocktail hour or $500 event sponsorship and receive company name recognition on the ASCE Pittsburgh website, in the newsletter, and on signage at the event.
- Along with or in lieu of the sponsorship, you may wish to donate one or more raffle or door prizes and receive company name recognition in the program.
A portion of the proceeds from the raffle will support the University of Pittsburgh ASCE Student Chapter for the 2012 Regional Conference they are hosting here in Pittsburgh. Supporting the students/conference and providing means to make it happen is a great way to bring people into our city and showcase everything Pittsburgh has to offer.
Sponsorships and Prize donations:
please contact Colleen Elliott of ARCADIS-Malcolm Pirnie, ASCE Program Chair, email@example.com
, (412) 614-9934, by September 5, 2011, for program recognition and to coordinate mailing/pickup of your check or prize. Your contribution of an event sponsorship, social hour sponsorship, or prize donation will be greatly appreciated!
We look forward to seeing you there!
Please register online.
If you are a dues-paying member of the Pittsburgh Section, you can receive the members-only rate by logging in to the website with your e-mail address. Online payment via PayPal is available; you may pay with a credit card or through your PayPal account. You may pay at the door via cash or check made payable to ASCE Pittsburgh Section, however you must register online.
Should you require assistance with online registration and/or payment, please contact Melissa Fontanese
, Webmaster, via e-mail or at (412) 922-4440 x103.
The event charge is transferable but NOT refundable.