ASCE YMF Annual Camping Trip
For updated information and to coordinate plans for the camping trip, please visit the YMF Facebook Page.
Dates: Friday, July 20th to Sunday, July 22nd
Location: Ohiopyle, PA
Approx. 70 mi Southeast of PittsburghCamping/Accommodations: Tall Oaks Campground
200 mi Southwest of Central PA
300 mi Southwest of Philadelphia
544 Camp Riamo Road
Farmington, PA 15437
For more details visit: http://talloakscampground.com/
TENTATIVE - YMF Organized Activity Plan:
- Current Sites Reserved: T10 & T04 (includes Pavilion. Tent locations (amongst the 2 sites) will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Cost to camp:$12.50/night +tax. Campers have the option of adding night(s) to their reservation if available; however, this must be done by the individual. ASCE will not be responsible for making additional reservations.
- Campsite Details: Group sites; wooded; fire rings; picnic table(s); camp store on grounds. Bath/shower houses in walking distance - *Showers are coin operated. Pavilion has electricity.
- Participation in any of planned group activities is optional
- If planning on participating, RSVPs will be required
- *Activities are NOT fully confirmed and could vary with group interest and availability.
- Friday, July 20th – Private Tour of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Polymath Park
- Tour of 1 FLW house and 2 additional FLW inspired homes
- Reservation Time: 1 PM; Total tour time 1.5 to 2 hours
- Approx. 20 – 30 mins from campground
- Cost: $30 per person
- For more details visit: http://www.polymathpark.com/
- Saturday, July 21st – WEATHER PERMITTING - Boating/Tubing on the Yough Reservoir
- Pontoons Only; Tubing available (one passenger tubes only)
- From 9AM – 5PM
- No water skiing/grills/or pets allowed!
- Cost: Contingent upon number of boaters; currently estimated @ $50 pp
- For more details visit: http://youghlakemarina.com/boat_rentals.html
- Alternate Sat. Activity – Geocaching; Refer to geocaching.com for “geocaches” in the area.
- Any other activities are on your own
- For additional information/activities in the area visit: http://www.laurelhighlands.org/index.asp
Please contact Andrew Deao at adeao@GFNET.com
with questions or to RSVP. Please RSVP By Friday, June 15th if you plan on attending. At the same time please indicate which group activities you would be interested in participating in. More details will be provided upon RSVP notification.