Limited space is still available! Registration has been extended through Friday, September 14.
Please join us at LeMont Restaurant on Wednesday September 19, 2012 for the Fall Kickoff and Life Member Recognition Banquet with keynote speech on the Flight 93 National Memorial by Jeff Reinbold, National Park Service Superintendent. On September 11, 2001 United Flight 93 was only 20 minutes flight time from our nation's capital when the passengers and crew of the plane rushed the cockpit in an effort to overpower the hijackers. Flight 93 crashed in a field outside the town of Shanksville in rural southwestern Pennsylvania. www.nps.gov/flni
The Pittsburgh Section's 2012 Life Members will be honored for their contributions and the local ASCE Student Chapters will present on their upcoming and ongoing initiatives.
2012 Life Members:
- William A. Bruno, P.E., M.ASCE
- Jared L. Cohon, Ph.D., P.E., Dist.M.ASCE
- Jerome Nicholas Dettore, P.E., M.ASCE
- Mark J. Gera, P.E., M.ASCE
- Ralph Whitmel Gilbert, Jr., P.E., F.ASCE
- David F. Kundrat, P.E., M.ASCE
- Ronald L. Lewis, P.E., M.ASCE
- Robert E. Liljestrand, P.E., M.ASCE
- Robert H. Luffy, P.E., M.ASCE
- Oscar Thomas Mc Connell, Jr., P.E., F.ASCE
- Edward James McGee, P.E., M.ASCE
- Ronald D. Neufeld, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE
- Richard Jospeh Perin, Aff.M.ASCE
- Thomas Riester, P.E., M.ASCE
- Richard Schmitz, P.E., M.ASCE
- Donald J. Snavely, P.E., L.S., M.ASCE
- Luis E. Vallejo, A.M.ASCE
- Thomas R. Vandling, P.E., M.ASCE
- James L. Withiam, Ph.D., D.GE, M.ASCE
- David L. Wright, P.E., M.ASCE
In more than 20 years with the National Park Service, Jeff Reinbold has led planning and partnership projects around the country: protecting historic sites and Civil War battlefields; developing new ways for national parks to work with their neighboring communities; and exploring ways to make national parks relevant to new audiences. He has worked at the agency’s central planning and design office in Denver and headquarters in Washington, D.C., but spent most of his time in the field. He came to the Flight 93 National Memorial in early-2003 and oversaw the international design competition as well as the creation of a long-range management plan for the site. The design competition marked the first time an entire national park of this size, was designed through a competition. Mr. Reinbold holds a degree in Geography from the University of Pittsburgh and a master’s degree in City & Regional Planning from the Ohio State University. He lives in Pittsburgh with his wife and two young sons.
5:30pm Social HourEntrée Selections:
6:30pm Keynote Speaker
8:00pm Program Presentations
- Chicken En Croûte – Stuffed with Prosciutto, Boursin cheese and fresh sage wrapped in puff pastry, baked to a golden brown and finished with fresh thyme butter
- Stuffed Shrimp - Plump Gulf Shrimp stuffed with House Crab Imperial mix, broiled and served with a dill Dijon sauce
- Filet Mignon - Center-cut tenderloin, char-grilled and served with a mushroom and sauce Béarnaise
- Vegetable Strudel – Vegetables and mushrooms sautéed with curry, wrapped in a puff pastry, oven-browned and served with a Marinara sauce
| Full-Time Students
- Please register by September 11, 2012 - Significant others and guests are welcome and encouraged to attend!
- $6.00 Valet, surface pay lot, and street parking available
- Dress Code is Business Casual
- Raffle tickets will be available at the door ($10 for 5 tickets and $20 for 15 tickets), you don’t want to miss this event!
- PLATINUM & GOLD Sponsorships are available
- $500 event platinum sponsorship includes two admissions and recognition on signage around the event, in the program, and on the website.
- $250 gold sponsorship includes one admission and recognition in the program.
- Along with or in lieu of the sponsorship, you may wish to donate one or more raffle or door prizes and receive company name recognition in the program.
Your contribution of a platinum or gold level sponsorship, or prize donation will, enable us to make these ASCE events sustainable and to give back to our members and local students chapters.
Sponsorships and Prize donations: please contact Leanne McConnell of ARCADIS U.S., Inc., ASCE Program Co-Chair, Leanne.McConnell@arcadis-us.com, by September 5, 2012, for program recognition and to coordinate mailing/pickup of your sponsorship or prize. Your contribution of an event sponsorship or prize donation will be greatly appreciated!
We look forward to seeing you there!
Please register online. If you are a dues-paying member of the Pittsburgh Section, you can receive the members-only rate by logging in to the website with your e-mail address. Online payment via PayPal or credit card is available. Payment via cash or check (made payable to ASCE Pittsburgh Section) will also be available at the door, however you must pre-register online.
Should you require assistance with online registration and/or payment, please contact Melissa Fontanese, Webmaster, at email@example.com
or (412) 922-4440 x103.
The event charge is transferable but NOT refundable. No-shows will be billed.