The registration deadline has been extended through close of business on Tuesday, February 19.
(click on image for PDF)
Please join us at the Engineer’s Society of Western Pennsylvania on Saturday, February 23, 2013 for the E-Week Annual Awards Banquet with keynote speaker Mike Schiller, CEO of the Green Building Alliance. (0.5 PDH)
The following ASCE Pittsburgh Section 2012 Award Winners will be honored for their achievements:
- Civil Engineer of the Year - Andrew Herrmann
- Young Civil Engineer of the Year - Timothy Brett
- Civil Engineering Achievement Award - North Shore Connector Project (Port Authority of Allegheny County)
- Professor of the Year - Dr. Tony Iannacchione (University of Pittsburgh)
- Employer Recognition Award - AECOM
- Journalism Award - Len Boselovic (Post-Gazette)
- Government Engineer of the Year Award - Tim Prevost (ALCOSAN)
- Award of Merit (Project) - Mon/Fayette Expressway Uniontown to Brownsville Phase II Project (Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission)
- Award of Merit (Program) - ALCOSAN Scholastic Outreach Program
- Michael A. Gross Meritorious Service to the Pittsburgh Section – Karl Sieg
- Student Awards Foundation Finalist TBA
In just six months, Mike Schiller led GBA in successfully convincing the City of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, Pittsburgh Pirates, Pittsburgh Penguins, Heinz Field, CBRE, Alcoa, Highmark, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank, PNC Financial Services Group, BNY Mellon, the Diocese of Pittsburgh and many other Pittsburgh property owners to commit to the 2030 District – representing over 70 properties and 27 million square feet (50% of downtown Pittsburgh). Mike’s persuasive, entrepreneurial, and collaborative nature helped reestablish GBA as a point of influence in Pittsburgh and the building industry. Tonight, Mike will discuss exactly what IS a green building, who is GBA, what’s a 2030 District, why do you care, and how does any of this relate to Cerro Aconcagua, the highest point in the Western hemisphere.
5:00 – Cocktail Hour
6:00 - Opening Remarks
6:10 – Keynote Address
6:40 – Dinner
7:30 – Awards Presentation
- Chicken Milanese - Lightly breaded with Garlic & Lemon, topped with Romano and Lemon Cream
- Florida Grouper Almondine - With Shallots, White Wine and Lemon Sauce
- Tenderloin of Beef Medallions - With Spinach and Mushroom Duxelle and White Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Please register by February 15, 2013.
Please register online. If you are a dues-paying member of the Pittsburgh Section, you can receive the members-only rate by logging in to the website with your e-mail address. Online payment via PayPal or credit card is available. Payment via cash or check (made payable to ASCE Pittsburgh Section) will also be available at the door, however you must pre-register online.
Should you require assistance with online registration and/or payment, please contact Melissa Fontanese, Webmaster, at email@example.com or (412) 922-4440 x103.
The event charge is transferable but NOT refundable. No-shows will be billed.
Limited space is available!
- Significant others and guests are welcome and encouraged to attend!
- Dress Code is Business Casual
- Raffle tickets will be available at the door ($10 for 5 tickets and $20 for 15 tickets), you don’t want to miss this event!
- PLATINUM & GOLD Sponsorships are available
- $500 event platinum sponsorship includes two admissions and recognition on signage around the event, in the program, and on the website.
- $250 gold sponsorship includes one admission and recognition in the program.
- Along with or in lieu of the sponsorship, you may wish to donate one or more door prizes and receive company name recognition in the program.
Your contribution of a platinum or gold level sponsorship, or prize donation will, enable us to make these ASCE events sustainable and to give back to our members and local students chapters.
Sponsorships and Prize donations: please contact Colleen Elliott of ARCADIS U.S., Inc., ASCE Program Co-Chair, Colleen.Elliott@arcadis-us.com, by February 15th, 2013, for program recognition and to coordinate mailing/pickup of your sponsorship or prize. Your contribution of an event sponsorship or prize donation will be greatly appreciated!