Legislative Advocacy Opportunities
The Pittsburgh Section members have several opportunities to make their voice heard with their elected officials in Harrisburg. On April 9th, ASCE is partnering with PSPE and several other allied organizations to host a legislative day in Harrisburg. The format has been altered from previous days on the hill. This year we will bring legislators and constituents together in one convenient location to discuss issues of importance to the industry.
April 9, 2013
| 11:00 am
|| Registration - Room 60, East Wing
| 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
|| Lunch w/ Legislators - Room 60, East Wing
- Legislative Day - to invite your legislator and register yourself.
The Construction Legislative Council (CLC) is also organizing a Legislative day in Harrisburg to continue the advocacy efforts, date will be Tuesday May 14th, so save the date. More information and the link to register will be forthcoming shortly. As a member of the CLC, the Pittsburgh Section of ASCE will be supporting this effort as well.
We encourage all members to take part in one or the other event and be heard.
2013 Resume Book Now Available
The YMF has published its 2013 Resume Book. Prospective employers who are ASCE Pittsburgh Section members can access the Resume Book by logging in to the website's Members-Only Section and navigating to the Resumes forum.
...and the Winners Are...
ASCE Pittsburgh Section is proud to announce this year's award winners who will be honored at our annual Awards Banquet on February 23. We hope you will join us in congratulating the following award winners:
- Civil Engineer of the Year - Andrew Herrmann
- Young Civil Engineer of the Year - Timothy Brett
- Civil Engineering Achievement Award - North Shore Connector Project (Port Authority of Allegheny County)
- Professor of the Year - Dr. Tony Iannacchione (University of Pittsburgh)
- Employer Recognition Award - AECOM
- Journalism Award - Len Boselovic (Post-Gazette)
- Government Engineer of the Year Award - Tim Prevost (ALCOSAN)
- Award of Merit (Project) - Mon/Fayette Expressway Uniontown to Brownsville Phase II Project (Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission)
- Award of Merit (Program) - ALCOSAN Scholastic Outreach Program
- Michael A. Gross Meritorious Service to the Pittsburgh Section – Karl Sieg
- Student Awards Foundation Finalist TBA
Congratulations to this year's award winners - your dedication to the profession is appreciated!