Announcing the 2016 Award Winners
The 2016 ASCE Pittsburgh Section Award Winners will be celebrated on February 18th at the Annual Awards Banquet. Join us there!
- Civil Engineer of the Year: N. Catherine Bazan-Arias, Ph.D., P.E. - DiGioia Gray, Inc.
- Young Civil Engineer of the Year: Sonya M. Flournoy, P.E. - LR Kimball
- Professor of the Year: Andrew P. Bunger, Ph.D. - University of Pittsburgh
- Government Engineer of the Year: Bernard R. Lindstrom, PE - Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority
- Distinguished Civil Engineer: Alex G. Sciulli, P.E. - ALEM Consulting
- Meritorious Service to the Pittsburgh Section: Larry W. Souleret, P.E., P.L.S. - Lennon Smith Souleret Engineers
- Employer Recognition Award: Jacobs
- Civil Engineering Achievement Award: SR 376 Parkway West A49 & A55 - Owner: PennDOT District 11-0, Prime Consultant: HDR, Prime Contractor: Swank Construction Company
- Award of Merit: Center Township Water Treatment Plant - Prime Consultant: Lennon Smith Souleret Engineers
- Civil Engineering Sustainability Award: Frick Environmental Center - Owner: Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy, Prime Consultant: H.F. Lenz Company, Prime Contractor: P.J. Dick
- Journalism Award: Mark Nootbaar - 90.5 WESA
Congratulations to this year's winners!
2015 Winners Announced!Congratulations to the 2015 Award winners! ASCE Pittsburgh Section Awards were presented on February 20, 2016 as part of our Engineers’ Week celebration! Click on the award title for information on award criteria and past awardees.
Hulton Bridge Replacement - PennDOT District 11 - Project Team: Gannett Fleming / SAI Consulting / Brayman Construction Company / CDR Maguire
Green Infrastructure Program - Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority
SR 0079, Section 20H, South Junction - PennDOT District 12 - Project Team: HDR / Mackin Engineering / JMT / Golden Triangle Construction / The Burns Group
Chatham University's Eden Hall Stormwater Management - CEC
DiGioia, Gray & Associates
John Schombert - 3 Rivers Wet Weather
Daniel Moore - Pittsburgh Post-GazetteTo learn more about Michael A. Gross, please see this article from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Lauren Terpak - AECOM
Dr. John Brigham - University of Pittsburgh
Timothy O'Loughlin, PE - US Army Corps of Engineers
Greg Rumbaugh, PE - Mine Safety and Health Administration
Thomas Batroney, PE, ENV SP - Hatch Mott MacDonald
Bill Gross, PE - HDR
Thomas Leech, PE, SE - Gannett Fleming
Student Awards Foundation
Applications for the 2016-2017 SAF awards are now available. Applications are due by January 13, 2017. Click below for the application requirements and form.