Reservations are still available! The deadline has been extended through Monday, September 23, at 5:00 pm.
(click on image for PDF)
Please join us at LeMont Restaurant on Thursday, September 26, 2013, for the Fall Kickoff and Life Member Recognition Banquet with keynote speech on the rehabilitation of the Point Fountain presented by Eric J. Kirsch, P.E., of Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc.
Point State Park is a renowned historical landmark in the City of Pittsburgh that is located at the confluence of the Allegheny, Monongahela and Ohio Rivers. In 1974, the fountain was introduced as the focal point of the park and has since become a well-known tourist attraction, as well as one of the most recognizable features of the city’s skyline. After nearly 40 years, time and severe weather conditions resulted in the deterioration of the fountain. Thus, in order to preserve this historic Pittsburgh icon, the Pennsylvania Department of Natural Resources (DCNR) initiated a plan to renovate this cherished landmark. From design to construction, this complex, high-profile project spanned four years (2009-2013). The fountain was returned to the city at a celebratory event on June 7, 2013. Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc. (HRG) proudly served as the lead design consultant and oversaw the design and preparation of construction drawings for the entire design team, including nine firms located throughout ten cities, three states (Pennsylvania, Massachusetts and Missouri), and two countries (United States and Canada). This unique project required the services of a multi-disciplined HRG team, including professionals within HRG’s land development, survey, and structural technical service groups.
The Pittsburgh Section's 2013 Life Members will be honored for their contributions and the various Institutes, Committees, and Student Chapters will present their upcoming and ongoing initiatives.
2013 Life Members:
- Carl Angeloff, P.E., M.ASCE
- Thomas Leech, P.E., L.S., M.ASCE
- David Rose, P.E., R.L.S., L.S., M.ASCE
- Richard Oaks, P.E., M.ASCE
- Christopher Ryan, P.E., D.GE, M.ASCE
- Irving Oppenheim, Ph.D., P.E., M.ASCE
- Gary Brendel, P.E., M.ASCE
- Robert Mitall, P.E., L.S., M.ASCE
- Timothy Fyock, M.ASCE
- Glenn Keiper, Aff.M.ASCE
- George Thiros, P.E., M.ASCE
- Dennis De Silvey, P.E., M.ASCE
- Dennis Guthrie, P.E., M.ASCE
5:30 PM Social HourEntrée Selections:
6:30 PM Keynote Speech
7:00 PM Dinner and Program Presentations
- Chicken Bruschetta - Lightly pounded free-range breast of chicken sautéed to perfection, topped with fresh arugula, vine-ripened tomato, olives, roasted garlic, and finished with fresh thyme butter.
- Atlantic Salmon - Char-grilled with a honey-soy marinade and glaze.
- Filet Mignon - Center-cut tenderloin, char-grilled and served with a mushroom and sauce Béarnaise.
- Vegetarian Terrine - Layered seasonal roasted and grilled vegetables with soy kass and rich Balsamic reduction.
| Full-Time Students
- Please register by September 19, 2013 - Significant others and guests are welcome and encouraged to attend!
- Valet, surface pay lot, and street parking available.
- Dress code is business attire.
- Raffle tickets will be available at the door.
- PLATINUM and GOLD Sponsorships are available.
- $500 event platinum sponsorship includes two admissions and recognition on signage around the event, in the program, and on the website.
- $250 gold sponsorship includes one admission and recognition in the program.
- Along with or in lieu of the sponsorship, you may wish to donate one or more raffle or door prizes and receive company name recognition in the program.
- Your contribution of a platinum or gold level sponsorship or prize donation will enable us to make these ASCE event sustainable and to give back to our members and local student chapters.
- Please click here to download a copy of the sponsorship form. Please contact Coreen Casadei with any questions.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Please register online. If you are a section-dues paying member of the Pittsburgh Section, you can receive the members-only rate by logging into the website with your e-mail address. Online payment via PayPal or credit card is available. Payment via cash or check (made payable to ASCE Pittsburgh Section) will also be available at the door, however you must pre-register online.
Should you require assistance with online registration and/or payment, please contact Melissa Fontanese, Webmaster, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (412) 922-4440
The event charge is transferable but NOT refundable. No-shows will be billed.